THE DANCE GALLERY
DRESS REHEARSAL & RECITAL INFORMATION
We are now down to the final days of preparation for our “2021” dance recital. You will find instructions and information for the dress rehearsal and recital performances included in this notice. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have no matter how trivial it may seem. The calmer and more prepared we all are the smoother the show will run. All recital info is available on our website @ and click on Recital Info.
Wednesday, June 9th from 3:00 - 7:00pm
MEMORIAL HALL, 590 MAIN ST. MELROSE
Refer to Dress Rehearsal
Saturday, June 12, 2021 - PERFORMANCE AT 2:00 pm
Dress Rehearsal is in FULL COSTUME. Listed below are rules and guidelines that will be strictly enforced so this recital can be considered an enjoyable and safe experience for everyone.
1. Dress rehearsal is not run in the same order as the recital. The order of the show will be available at the dress rehearsal. Only parents of the students that are on stage will be allowed in the auditorium. All dancers must remain in the dressing rooms until you are called. This will be strictly enforced. A reminder that anyone that is not vaccinated must wear a mask.
NO GUESTS are allowed.
2. You are allowed to take pictures and videos at the dress rehearsal only and only of your own child.! YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TAKE PICTURES OR VIDEOS AT THE RECITAL PERFORMANCE.
This presents a safety and privacy issue. Anyone taking pictures or videos during the recital will be asked to leave.
3. The dress rehearsal will be run in full costume. Proper shoes and tights must be worn. Tights and instructions are included with your costume. Additional tights and shoes can be purchased through the studio.
You must arrive at the Memorial Hall by 12:30 pm if you are in ACT 1 and 1:00 if in ACT 2 only. (The order of the show will be confirmed at the dress rehearsal.)
2. The doors to the auditorium will not open until 1:30pm– please inform your guests to
plan their arrival accordingly. If the weather is poor there is not a large covered area to
wait before the doors are open. Early arrivals will be asked to leave the auditorium
before the doors can be opened.
3. Our policy for preparing and monitoring dancers backstage is as follows.
Because the dressing rooms are small it is necessary for us to limit the number of
helpers. The number of parents needed per class will depend on the size of
the group. Parents interested in helping should notify the school. We will then choose
the parents needed based on the order they signed up.
4. Any class that has no performance in ACT II will be allowed to go into the auditorium and sit in a section reserved for students while they wait for the finale. Their monitors will stay with them. They should return to the dressing rooms to prepare for the finale. All help is appreciated.
No dancers are allowed to sit with their families so please do not purchase a ticket for them.
5. Dancers are called to the stage area by classes 3 number before they are on stage. When
they are finished dancing they are held in the stage area until the next number begins to
reduce the amount of noise when we open the doors to the dressing area. This also allows the monitors/parents time to sit in the audience when their child is on stage and return before the students are in the dressing rooms.
6. HAIRSTYLES: All dancers should wear their hair in a bun unless otherwise instructed.
No colored elastics or clips. It is best not to wash your hair the day of the recital as it
will be too soft and difficult to stay in place. The 4-5 year old dancers should wear
their hair in curls with the hair along the face pulled back.
7. MAKE UP: Dancers should wear a cream or beige color eye shadow over their entire
lid and a darker brown or chestnut color in the crease of the eye. After applying the
lighter shadow to the lid, use the darker color in the crease of the eye. Start at the
inside corner, follow the crease along the bone and sweep the shadow out to the
outside corner. Like drawing a banana. Black eyeliner should be worn along the top and
bottom lashes. Older dancers should wear false eyelashes.
All dancers should wear mascara and wear a Plum or Rose color blush depending on your skin tone and Red lipstick.
There is a 6 ticket minimum but no maximum purchase per family. Your account will be billed $144.00 which will be credited once you purchase your tickets. Please refer to the "Ticket Information" on our website. You can also download an order form or one is available at the studio.
All regular classes are being held through Saturday June 5th. Each teacher, however has the option to run classes if they feel the students need the extra class. Your child’s teacher will tell you if they plan to run a class the week of June 7th and the day and time of the class. Notices will be sent by email.
Finale Instructions and a rehearsal schedule will be available online. Participation is mandatory for all dancers.
Do you have any questions now? Is this your first recital? We want this experience to be special
for all of us after all the time and effort that has gone into its preparation especially since we've waited 2 years for this day.
Please call if you need any questions answered.
Thank You, Miss Susan